Rock Hill SC Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
As our children begin heading back to school we see many walking to school or to the bus stop. It is very important for pedestrians to be aware of safety precautions to take, especially for children who can be small and difficult to see.
- In the next 24 hours, on average, more than 460 people will be treated in an emergency department for traffic-related pedestrian injuries.
- In the next 2 hours, on average, one pedestrian will die from injuries in a traffic crash.
- Over 4,200 pedestrians were killed in traffic deaths in 2010, and another 70,000 were injured.
- Unintentional pedestrian injuries are the fifth leading cause of injury-related death in the United States for children ages 5 to 19.
- Teens have a death rate twice that of younger children and account for half of all child pedestrian deaths.
- Talk to your kids about how to be safe while walking. It’s always best to walk on sidewalks or paths and cross at street corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks.
- Teach kids at an early age to put down their devices and then look left, right and left again when crossing the street.
- Children under 10 should cross the street with an adult. Every child is different, but developmentally, it can be hard for kids to judge speed and distance of cars until age 10.
- Remind kids to make eye contact with drivers before crossing the street and to watch out for cars that are turning or backing up.
- When driving,be especially alert in residential neighborhoods and school zones and be on the lookout for bikers, walkers or runners who may be distracted or may step into the street unexpectedly.
Contact the Pedstrian Accident Lawyer
The personal injury firm of Bice Law will examine your case to determine the type and amount of damages that your injury warrants, including payments for medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and any permanent disability. We’ll determine whether an out-of-court settlement or trial is the best strategy to obtain maximum benefits for you or your family. If you have been hurt in a pedestrianaccident, take the first step to protect your legal rights – contact the personal injury firm of Bice Law serving both North Carolina and South Carolina. You only have a limited time after your injury to file a claim, so act quickly. Call (855) 5-BICE-LAW today or submit an online request to get a free consultation with a pedestrian accident lawyer. We serve families across both North and South Carolina.