If you were injured in a car accident caused by someone else, your Charlotte auto accident lawyer must identify who or how many people were ultimately responsible.
Consider all possible defendants
Your Charlotte auto accident lawyer will consider all potential defendants as prospective sources of insurance coverage.
The following are some of the questions your Charlotte auto accident lawyer will take into account in order to ensure that all the possible defendants are considered in a car accident lawsuit:
- Was the defendant driver working? If he or she was, the driver’s employer could be an appropriate defendant.
- Did a private company operate traffic signals that malfunctioned? Not all traffic signals are managed by cities.
- Did a contractor constructing a roadway violate any legal obligations in performing its work?
- Did a nearby landowner block a motorist’s view in a manner that may have caused the collision?
- Did anyone obscure the motorists’ views in any other fashion, such as double parking?
- Were there any flaws in the vehicle involved? If true, then a manufacturer might be an appropriate defendant.
- Was the defendant intoxicated at the time of the collision? If so, the individual or business that provided the alcohol may become a possible defendant.
If you were involved in a hit-and-run accident or if the defendant does not have adequate liability insurance coverage, your Charlotte auto accident attorney could consider a claim under your own uninsured motorist policy.
Contact the Automobile Accident Law Firm of Bice Law
At Bice Law we can help you determine who we believe to be at fault in the accident. We will look to a number of sources to help you determine liability including but not limited to statements made at the scene by witnesses and parties, the investigating officer’s accident report, and depending on the case, possibly accident reconstruction experts, and highway design or maintenance experts.We serve families across both North and South Carolina. If you have been seriously injured in a car accident, take the first step to protect your legal rights – contact the personal injury firm of Bice Law today by calling 877-BICE-877 or submit an online request to get a free consultation with a car accident attorney. Results are how we measure success – we’ve built a strong reputation both in and out of the courtroom, and we’ll put our experience and expertise to work on your behalf.