Charlotte, NC Personal Injury Lawyer
You only get one chance to impress the jury in your personal injury case—and that is during your testimony. In order to help you make the best impression possible, your Charlotte personal injury attorney will need to properly prepare you.
This article discusses some important tips that you need to keep in mind during your testimony at your personal injury trial.
- Know all the facts of your case by going over your deposition transcript and the answers you provided on your interrogatory form during discovery.
- Refresh your memory as to the events and facts that lead to the accident in question.
- Go over your medical history and the treatments you received from each treating physician for the injuries you suffered as a result of your accident.
- Always tell the truth and try not to exaggerate the facts.
- Be polite and courteous to both the opposing counsel and the judge.
- Respond in a clear and accurate manner
- Respond to only questions, not answers
- If you do not understand a question, do not attempt to answer—ask for further clarification.
- Dress in proper court attire.
- Do not be late.
- Do not make sarcastic or “funny” comments in response to any questions asked by either opposing counsel or the judge.
But above all, the most important thing you need to do in order to be a good trial witness is to prepare with the help of your Charlotte personal injury attorney.
Contact the Personal Injury Law Firm of Bice Law
The personal injury firm of Bice Law will examine your case to determine the type and amount of damages that your injury warrants, including payments for medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and any permanent disability. We’ll determine whether an out-of-court settlement or trial is the best strategy to obtain maximum benefits for you or your family. If you have suffered injury or harm because of someone else’s actions, take the first step to protect your legal rights – contact the personal injury firm of Bice Law serving both North and South Carolina. You only have a limited time after your injury to file a claim, so act quickly. Call 877-BICE-877 today or submit an online request to get a free consultation with a personal injury attorney. We serve families across both North Carolina and South Carolina. Results are how we measure success – we’ve built a strong reputation both in and out of the courtroom, and we’ll put our experience and expertise to work on your behalf.