Charlotte, NC Personal Injury Lawyer
Your Charlotte medical malpractice attorney will help you get ready to be deposed. It sounds a little scary, but with the guidance of a legal pro you will be in good hands to give an effective sworn statement. Meanwhile, here are some helpful guidelines.
- First and foremost, always be truthful- even if you think it won’t help your case. The truth will lead to an appropriate outcome for your case. If you lie and the defense uncovers it, that will be used against you at trial.
- Read all of the documents provided by your Charlotte medical malpractice attorney such as your interrogatory answers. Study hard. Your effort may result in a more favorable settlement offer.
- Listen carefully and allow the questioner (defense counsel) to finish asking each question before you respond.
- Don’t blurt out an answer. Take your time. Think, then talk.
- Never argue with the defense lawyer who will be asking you questions. Remember, the lawyer is a professional at arguing and you won’t win a verbal tiff.
- Don’t be fooled: The opposing lawyer will try to get you to agree with certain points. If you do, he or she may add something else and persuade you to agree to that, too. It’s a dangerous slope so be sure to listen carefully to each question.
- Don’t ramble or offer more information than asked. Simply listen and respond to the question asked.
- Dress well, like going to a job interview or house of worship.
- Always be polite and pleasant.
- Make eye contact with the defense attorney who is questioning you.
- Speak up and make yourself heard clearly.
Contact the Personal Injury Law Firm of Bice Law
The personal injury firm of Bice Law will examine your case to determine the type and amount of damages that your injury warrants, including payments for medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and any permanent disability. We’ll determine whether an out-of-court settlement or trial is the best strategy to obtain maximum benefits for you or your family. If you have suffered injury or harm because of someone else’s actions, take the first step to protect your legal rights – contact the personal injury firm of Bice Law serving both North and South Carolina. You only have a limited time after your injury to file a claim, so act quickly. Call 877-BICE-877 today or submit an online request to get a free consultation with a personal injury attorney. We serve families across both North Carolina and South Carolina. Results are how we measure success – we’ve built a strong reputation both in and out of the courtroom, and we’ll put our experience and expertise to work on your behalf.