Charlotte, NC Personal Injury Lawyer
The term “deposition” intimidates most people, but a Charlotte personal injury attorney could explain that a deposition is really only a witness’ testimony obtained outside of court. Read the following tips to feel more prepared for your deposition.
- You should always dress conservatively and professionally.
- When in doubt, dress as you would for a job interview.
- It is a good practice to thoroughly read any documents your lawyer provides you.
- If you have trouble understanding anything, ask your Charlotte personal injury attorney for help.
Preparing Solid Answers
- Comprehensive preparation will increase your chances of a favorable settlement.
- Outline or write your answers beforehand so you know exactly what to say and how to say it.
- Listen to the entire question before answering.
- Stay alert; attorneys frequently try to trick witnesses by using a series of questions to lull them into complacency and then coercing specific answers from them.
- Only explain your answers when requested to do so.
- Avoid lying in any degree; if the defense council uncovers a lie, he or she can use it against you to destroy your credibility.
Manners and Mannerisms
- Keep responses as concise as possible.
- Always be polite and courteous, even if you feel flustered.
- Avoid cursing.
- Speak loudly, clearly, and confidently.
- Maintain eye contact with the questioning attorney.
Contact the Personal Injury Law Firm of Bice Law
The personal injury firm of Bice Law will examine your case to determine the type and amount of damages that your injury warrants, including payments for medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and any permanent disability. We’ll determine whether an out-of-court settlement or trial is the best strategy to obtain maximum benefits for you or your family. If you have suffered injury or harm because of someone else’s actions, take the first step to protect your legal rights – contact the personal injury firm of Bice Law serving both North and South Carolina. You only have a limited time after your injury to file a claim, so act quickly. Call 877-BICE-877 today or submit an online request to get a free consultation with a personal injury attorney. We serve families across both North Carolina and South Carolina. Results are how we measure success – we’ve built a strong reputation both in and out of the courtroom, and we’ll put our experience and expertise to work on your behalf.