Recording Damages

Recording Damages

Charlotte, NC Personal Injury Lawyer

While you may feel that your Charlotte personal injury lawyer has the expertise necessary to handle your case on his or her own, there are certain things that you can do to assist him or her. For example, you can help keep track of the damages that you have sustained since the accident. Here are a few ways to accomplish this.

Document Your Economic Injuries
You can keep a record of the amount of income that you have lost, the loss to your earning ability and other information that relates to your lost earnings. Maintain records of check stubs, W-2 forms and tax returns. Sign any necessary forms to allow your attorney to acquire this information. Also, record the dates that you have missed work, the reason for the absence and your feelings on each date.

Describe Your Feelings
Your Charlotte personal injury attorney realizes that a serious injury can have more than an economic impact on your life; it can affect how you feel each day. Take time to think about your feelings and how they have changed since the accident. Be specific about non-economic changes in your life, such as you having difficulty moving parts of your body or sleeping on some nights. Make a list of the tasks that are difficult for you to complete and the part of your body that is affected. Avoid exaggerating injuries in this journal to prevent the defense attorney from using imprecise language against you.

Contact the Personal Injury Law Firm of Bice Law

The personal injury firm of Bice Law will examine your case to determine the type and amount of damages that your injury warrants, including payments for medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and any permanent disability.  We’ll determine whether an out-of-court settlement or trial is the best strategy to obtain maximum benefits for you or your family. If you have suffered injury or harm because of someone else’s actions, take the first step to protect your legal rights – contact the personal injury firm of Bice Law serving both North and South Carolina. You only have a limited time after your injury to file a claim, so act quickly.  Call 877-BICE-877 today or submit an online request  to get a free consultation with a  personal injury attorneyWe serve families across both North Carolina and South Carolina.

Share this article on Social Media!