Rock Hill Worker’s Compensation Lawyer

Rock Hill Worker’s Compensation Lawyer

Bice Law is a personal injury law firm with a Rock Hill Worker’s Compensation Lawyer who has expertise in personal injury law. Our firm handles claims for injuries that have happened during the course of your employment.

If you have been injured while working for an employer, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. In order to receive workers’ compensation, you must have been employed at the time you are injured, and the injury must be a direct result of the employment. Your injuries must be caused by whatever tasks you have been assigned while employed. It’s important to note that in South Carolina, worker’s compensation benefits may also be available for occupational diseases, which are illnesses caused by exposure to certain substances or conditions in the workplace. For example, if your job requires you to perform a task that involves hazardous chemicals and you end up getting ill, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation. When you are ready to explore your legal options, we will be here for you. Contact the personal injury firm of Bice Law today by calling 877-BICE-877 or submit an online request to get a free consultation with a workers compensation attorney. We’ll review your situation free of charge and advise you of your legal options.

Almost all employers in South Carolina are required to carry worker’s compensation insurance. This includes both public and private employers, with few exceptions. If you are an employee of one of these covered employers and you suffer an injury or illness related to your job, you may be eligible for worker’s compensation benefits.

There are a variety of worker’s compensation benefits available, including:

  • Lost wages: If you are unable to work because of your injury, you may be eligible for wage replacement benefits. These benefits are typically two-thirds of your average weekly wage, up to a maximum amount set by state law.
  • Vocational rehabilitation: If your injury prevents you from returning to your previous job, worker’s compensation may cover the cost of vocational rehabilitation services to help you train for a new job.
  • Disability benefits: If you suffer a permanent impairment as a result of your work injury, you may be eligible for disability benefits. The amount of these benefits will depend on the severity of your impairment and your ability to work.

South Carolina Worker’s Compensation Law covers a wide range of injuries and illnesses that occur on the job, including:

  • Repetitive motion injuries
  • Slip and fall accidents
  • Burns
  • Exposure to hazardous substances
  • Vehicle accidents
  • Injuries caused by machinery or equipment
  • Mental health conditions related to work-related stress or trauma

Follow Workers’ Compensation procedures ANYTIME you are hurt at work. If you suffer any potentially serious injury on the job, you must follow certain procedures – even if you aren’t immediately sure whether your injury will have a long-term impact on your ability to work.  Skipping steps now can mean paperwork headaches later – and it may cost you the opportunity to file a claim.  Among the steps you should take:

Report the Work Injury Immediately. This is the most important thing to remember. No matter how minor you think your injury is, notify your supervisor right away, as well as your human resources representative. In South Carolina, you must report your injury within 90 days of the accident, but sooner is always better. If applicable, provide the following information:

  • That you were injured while working
  • The exact date of the injury
  • The location of the injury
  • The severity of your injury

Seek Medical Attention. You have the right to choose your own doctor, and your employer or its insurance company can also choose a doctor for you to see.

  • Make sure to tell your healthcare provider that your injury is work-related.
  • Worker’s compensation should cover the cost of all reasonable and necessary medical treatment related to your work injury or illness.

Keep a Written Journal. Important details you should log include:

  • What was the date of the accident?
  • Who was around when the injury happened?
  • Who did you talk to after the injury?
  • How long have you been out of work due to the injury?
  • What is your amount of lost wages from being out of work?

File a claim.  Fill out and submit a worker’s compensation claim form to the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission (SCWCC). This form can be obtained from your employer or the SCWCC website. Actively follow up with your employer and the SCWCC to make sure that your claim is being processed and that you receive the benefits you are entitled to.

Contact the Rock Hill Worker’s Compensation Lawyer of Bice Law

Filing a claim and obtaining your benefits can be a confusing and frustrating process. Bice Law is ready to fight for you and get you the help that you need to recover. Our firm serves families across both North and South Carolina. If you have been seriously injured in a worker’s compensation accident in Rock Hill, take the first step to protect your legal rights – contact the Rock Hill personal injury firm of Bice Law today by calling 877-BICE-877.  Results are how we measure success – we’ve built a strong reputation both in and out of the courtroom, and we’ll put our experience and expertise to work on your behalf.

Don’t hesitate, there s only a 3-year window to file a lawsuit for your personal injury claim. If you or someone you know has been injured on the job in the Rock Hill area, call the experienced Rock Hill worker’s compensation lawyer at Bice Law. We’re ready to fight for your rights and get you the compensation that you deserve. Our Frontline Injury Team fights for our clients from consultation to settlement, and we don’t get paid unless you do. Call Bice Law today! 877-BICE-877

Rock Hill Worker’s Compensation Lawyer

Rock Hill Car Accident Attorney

Get Directions to our Rock Hill Office!

Bice Law Rock Hill Car Accident Attorney

Make sure to tell your healthcare provider that your injury is work-related.