There are special precautions that must be taken during slippery driving conditions. Use the safety tips from a Rock Hill personal injury attorney to avoid traffic accidents.
It is that time of the year when winter weather produces slippery driving conditions that increase the number of traffic accidents. To help avoid traffic accidents follow these safety tips.
- Slow down;
- Bridges and overpasses tend to ice up first, use special caution;
- Check wiper blades and washer fluid (use de-icer fluids);
- Avoid sudden turns and abrupt braking;
- If your vehicle skids, ease off the gas and turn wheel slightly toward the skid;
- Check mechanical condition of car: antifreeze, tire inflation, tire tread (best to have all-weather tires);
- Keep emergency supplies in car in areas of heavy snow: shovel, sand, charged cell phone, extra coat, and boots;
- Before starting out, clear all windows and lights. Start out with being careful in mind;
- Be careful of black ice at night. Wet roads that freeze at night are hard to detect and cause sudden loss of control.
Contact the Auto Accident Law Firm of Bice Law
If you have suffered injury from a vehicle accident, take the first step to protect your legal rights – contact the personal injury firm of Bice Law. We investigate the accident records or scene in order to interview key witnesses and document evidence before it has been destroyed or removed. We’ll review your medical records and evaluate your long-term prognosis to assess the amount of damages that your injury warrants. We’ll determine whether an out-of-court settlement or trial is the best strategy to obtain maximum benefits for you or your family. We serve families across both North and South Carolina. You only have a limited time after your injury to file a claim, however, so you must act quickly. Contact the personal injury firm of Bice Law today by calling 877-BICE-877 or submit an online request to get a free consultation with a vehicle accident attorney.