One of the most common questions that personal injury claimants ask their Charlotte medical malpractice attorney is how much their case is worth. Valuing a personal injury claim is not an easy thing to do, especially at the initial stages when your attorney does not have all the facts.
Even once your Charlotte medical malpractice attorney has obtained all the facts through investigation and discovery, there are still many factors that need to be considered to determine the value of a personal injury case. These factors include:
- How many medical bills you have accrued
- Whether you had to be hospitalized as a result of your injury
- Your pain and suffering
- The effect of your injuries on your marital status and loss of consortium
- Whether your injuries are permanent, including permanent disfiguration
- Your total loss of income as a result of your injury
- The extent of liability of your party
- The amount of solid evidence available to build your case
- The strength of the defendant’s case
- The status of the law as applicable in your particular case
- The ability of the insurance company to litigate your case
These are only some of the factors that your Charlotte medical malpractice attorney will need to consider in determining the value of your case.
Contact the Medical Malpractice Law Firm of Bice Law
If you believe you have suffered injury or harm due to medical malpractice, take the first step to protect your legal rights contact the personal injury firm of Bice Law. We serve families across both North and South Carolina. You only have a limited time after your injury to file a claim, however, so you must act quickly. Contact the personal injury firm of Bice Law today by calling 877-BICE-877 or submit an online request to get a free consultation with a medical malpractice attorney. Results are how we measure success – we’ve built a strong reputation both in and out of the courtroom, and we’ll put our experience and expertise to work on your behalf