Charlotte, NC Personal Injury Lawyer
The fee your Charlotte personal injury lawyer charges for his or her services is based on the time, work, effort and expertise he or she expends on your case. Office overhead such as rent, secretarial time, files and other costs are also encompassed in the fee. However, your case will more than likely incur additional out-of-picket expenses. The following are some expenses you might see:
- Fees for medical reports by doctors and hospitals. Fees range from a few dollars for simple copies to over $100 for reports specifically written or prepared by your doctor.
- Fees for photocopies. Significant copies of medical reports, medical bills, witness statements, police reports, and lost income information are required by insurance companies. These photocopies are paid for by your law firm and you will usually be charged a fee for each page of copy.
- Fees for long distance telephone calls. You will most likely be required to reimburse your Charlotte wrongful death attorney for the actual cost of any long distance telephone calls that are necessary.
- Fees for expert reports. If your case requires reports from experts besides your physician, you will have to pay the fee that each expert charges for their report.
- Fees for the cost of litigation. Should your case be litigated, fees are incurred as a result of the filing of such a lawsuit.
Are additional costs contingent? Do they need to be paid in advance?
Even if there is no recovery in your case, the fees and costs outlined above are your responsibility. Although your Charlotte wrongful death attorney’s fee is contingent upon a successful court award or settlement, the out-of-pocket costs associated with your case are not contingent upon successful recovery. As these costs incur, your attorney may request that you assist in their payment. You may be required to cover some of these costs as the case progresses. It is not economically feasible for most law firms to “finance” personal injury cases; therefore the law provides that clients are responsible for out-of-pocket expenses even if the case does not settle.
Contact the Personal Injury Law Firm of Bice Law
The personal injury firm of Bice Law will examine your case to determine the type and amount of damages that your injury warrants, including payments for medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and any permanent disability. We’ll determine whether an out-of-court settlement or trial is the best strategy to obtain maximum benefits for you or your family. If you have suffered injury or harm because of someone else’s actions, take the first step to protect your legal rights – contact the personal injury firm of Bice Law serving both North and South Carolina. You only have a limited time after your injury to file a claim, so act quickly. Call 877-BICE-877 today or submit an online request to get a free consultation with a personal injury attorney. We serve families across both North Carolina and South Carolina. Results are how we measure success – we’ve built a strong reputation both in and out of the courtroom, and we’ll put our experience and expertise to work on your behalf.